To create positive change in the lives of young people across Queensland.
By the end of 2023, the Tallebudgera Outdoor & Environmental Education Centre will be recognised as a destination for high quality outdoor learning and health and wellbeing; a source of inspiration, innovation and support for teachers; and a valued partner by schools, communities, universities and government agencies.
Our Key Strategies
- Design and deliver outdoor and environmental education programs that empower compassionate, connected, responsible and self-aware young people.
- Demonstrate professional practices that inspire 'champions' for outdoor learning
- Share expertise and resources that support teachers, schools and communities
- Create structures, policies and procedures that model a socially and ecologically just world
- Implement strategic operations that create a secure future through efficiencies, agency, autonomy and accountability
- The wisdom and perspectives of the first nation peoples exemplified by their deep connection and stewardship of country.
- Student-centred approach to education where all students are supported to learn in ways that suit their needs and abilities.
We believe in
- Equity of access to high quality learning experiences in the outdoors.
- An ethic of care and respect for self, others and place including life in all its diversity.
We commit to
- Continuous improvement in professional practice, service delivery and collaboration.